Wednesday, April 9, 2014

it's really happening!

5:30am on Saturday - we wake up to the splashing sounds of a sick dog vomiting on the floor.  Ryan cleans it up and startles me awake a few minutes later - THE BASEMENT IS FLOODED WAKE UP! Great. We have to be out the door in like 20 minutes and there is 5 inches of water in the basement.  After a quick survey, we call my dad. No answer.  We didn't have a plan... ok, call again.  Nothing like waking your dad up with news like this on a Saturday morning!  They would be over soon to figure things out.  

After we get back from the quick appointment, we had about 5 hours of clean up ahead of us.  We were on a roll.  Wet cardboard? get rid of it!  This was the perfect excuse for us to to the major cleanup that the basement needed.  We got as much of the dry items up high, and peeled away at the wet stuff.  There wasn't really much damage.  We were able to catch everything before that happened.  It was only noon by the time we finished - not bad!

Dad and Jody headed out to the yard for some gardening prep, so we joined them.  Quite possibly the most productive day we've had in months!

So, its been over a week and we are still going to be buying my dad's house.  I am waiting for something to screw this up, but we got our purchase agreement yesterday, so we're hopeful :)   There really isn't much left standing in our way.  Too many hours on pinterest have made me consider and reconsider countless paint swatches and style ideas.  Luckily, we don't really have to decide anything like that immediately.  

Two days ago, I had my egg retrieval.  I'm in a constant pain and bloated state and I can't wait for this to be over. The doctors have given me instruction to keep it off my mind.  The next few weeks are going to be an emotional roller coaster and I need to keep myself busy.  The good news is, they would like me to retain water by eating salty snacks and drinking Gatorade and V8.  The bad news is the bloating.  I am also very tired from this procedure - I have considered napping in my car during work on more than one occasion. For now though, we are done talking about that.  When I have news to share, I will share it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment