Wednesday, March 26, 2014

deja vu...?

This cycle was starting the same as last month...  Ultrasound and blood work to check my levels and everything was ready to go.  Clomid started on Valentine's Day and would continue for the following four nights.  Ryan had another trip.  This time he went to Phoenix, but I couldn't tag along this time.  

There was more of the same this time around.  Pinterest dreaming, symptom crazy, waiting for a house.

I went in to get a check on my follicles and the ultrasound tech guessed that I would do my trigger shot the following day, but it was up to my nurse.  When I heard back from the nurse, she instructed me to come back in for another follicle check two days later.  Ok, not a problem.  After that appointment, I waited for her call.  Expecting good news, when she called I was wrong again.

Most women produce 1-2 mature follicles per month while on clomid.  This month, I had four.  Way to go ovaries... way to overachieve and screw everything up.  My doctor told us straight forward that it was not smart for us to move forward with IUI because the chance triplets (or more) was way too high.  OH, COME ON!  Is nothing going to go right??!  

No.  We aren't accepting this.  We talked on and off for hours at work that day talking about what we can do.  Knowing that the trigger shot can be done without the actual IUI procedure, we decided to take a risk.  

One of my best friends is getting married and this was also the day that she asked me to go to her first dress fitting.  Ryan and I spent over an hour on the phone talking about the risk factors.  What if this works? what would we do if there are multiple babies? Can we handle twins? Probably.  Can we do more? doubtful.  

So, we decided to go rogue and do the trigger shot and hope for the best on our own.  This time I was definitely not interested in tracking symptoms - shocking!  If this works, awesome! One less expense for us. 

Unfortunately, we found out two weeks later that our experiment did not work and we would be going forward with the IVF process next month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment