Friday, March 21, 2014

in the beginning...

Yeah! Alright! We are going to have a baby in 2013 for sure! 

umm... hello? reality check calling...


January 2013 - time to establish a doctor and get checked out, pre-pregnancy.  We found a group with rave reviews in the same hospital group where Ryan works. score! After a quick checkup with the nurse, it was easily noticed that my vitamin D was pretty low (not necessarily uncommon in Chicago in winter!) and I went on a 4 week vitamin D boost.  Besides that, this doctor thought I would be back in a matter of weeks or a few months at most, with child.  


July 2013 - still not pregnant.  I went back in to get additional testing.  The doctor told me that if it didn't happen in 6 months, we needed to figure out why.  I got the results of my next blood test where it was determined that I had an elevated progesterone level.  "This can only be caused by a growth on your pituitary gland... a minor brain tumor."  WHAT??! Of course I am freaking out, they schedule me for an MRI and I get very very nervous OBVIOUSLY!  They were already talking about brain surgery.  3 days later I had the MRI and I  was told it would be a week or so for results.  This was also the first time we told our families that we were officially trying.


Longest.  Week.  Ever.  


Switching gears in July... We are sick of renting, and decided we are ready to buy.  Got everything ready, talked with our realtor and started seeing properties. At this point, we are trying to stay occupied and remain positive. Because we are fast decision makers, we knew after seeing a handful of properties over the course of a couple weeks, we have found the home for us.  A short sale, within 10 miles of just about everyone in our families, a little smaller than we were hoping for, but way under budget! Sweet. We put our offer the following day (after approval from my dad, the life-long contractor), and we were told to be patient. Hmm... something we are used to.  Our agent told us that short sales in general take about 4-6 months on average.  We were willing to wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment